- On 26 June 2023, during the gala event of the Summary of the Exchange Year 2022, Towarowa Giełda Energii (TGE) and Commodity Clearing House (IRGiT) presented awards to the most active companies and brokers of the past year.
- A total of 17 statuettes were presented: 14 “Platinum Megawatts” and 3 “Rozrachunki”.
- This year’s edition of the Summary of the Exchange Year was held for 13th time already as part of the 15th Trading Forum organised by TGE.
“The 2022 was a time of extraordinary challenges, both in the broader socio-political dimension and our market reality. The energy crisis and the ensuing legislative changes domestically led to the intensification of our efforts to optimise or expand the offering of the Warsaw commodity exchange and, more generally, to reinforce the entire Polish economy. I am delighted that, once again, we had the opportunity to recognise the companies and brokers who contribute to the development of the exchange market. Without your involvement we would not be where we are today. And we would not be able to implement new mechanisms to meet your expectations and needs. Thank you for this on behalf of the Management Board and Employees of TGE and congratulations on your awards!” said Piotr Zawistowski, President of the Management Board of TGE.
The brokers and entities most active on the electricity, natural gas or property rights markets have been recognised by TGE and IRGiT for 13 years. This year, in addition to the usual categories, TGE selected additional winners, awarding two prizes for active participation in the development of exchange products in 2022. In total, the Platinum Megawatts have been presented to seven companies and seven brokers. On the other hand, the “Rozrachunki” statuettes awarded by IRGiT went to three companies, one of which was recognised with a special award for cooperation and communication in 2022. Overall, 17 awards were presented during the Summary of the Stock Exchange Year 2022.
“The Commodity Exchange Clearing House has been operating successfully for 13 years, exactly the same number of times we have presented our awards. Over the years, we have systematically elevated clearing security standards and tested new solutions with the market. Today, I can confidently say that we have succeeded in creating an organisation that owes its strong position, among other things, to cooperation with governmental institutions and members of the House. That is why it is so important for us to recognise you with the “Rozrachunki” awards and once again come together during the Summary of the Exchange Year 2022, undoubtedly the event which celebrates the commodity exchange market” added Andrzej Kalinowski, President of the Management Board of IRGiT.
The “Platinum Megawatts” 2022 were awarded to the following companies:
- PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A. – for the most active player on the electricity markets in 2022;
- Polski Koncern Naftowy ORLEN S.A. – for the most active player on the natural gas market in 2022;
- Noble Securities S.A. – for the most active player on the Property Rights Market in 2022;
- Respect Energy S.A. – for the most active player in the Guarantees of Origin Register in 2022;
- ENIQ Sp. z o.o. – for the most active player on the SIDC Intraday Market in 2022;
- Dom Maklerski Banku Ochrony Środowiska S.A. – for active participation in the development of exchange products in 2022;
- TAURON Polska Energia S.A. – for active participation in the development of exchange products in 2022.
The winners of “Platinum Megawatts” in the Broker of the Year 2022 category:
- Tobias Frisch (Next Kraftwerke GmbH) – for the most active trader on the electricity spot market in 2022;
- Anna Szewczuk (PGNiG Obrót Detaliczny Sp. z o.o.) – for the most active trader on the gas spot market in 2022;
- Robert Marczak (Enea Power & Gas Trading Sp. z o.o.) – for the most active trader in Property Rights Market sessions in 2022;
- Mateusz Bąk (PGNiG Obrót Detaliczny Sp. z o.o.) – for the most active trader in gas forward instruments in 2022;
- Karol Kosiarski (Noble Securities S.A.) – for the most active trader in electricity forward instruments in 2022;
- Rafał Łaganowski (Enea S.A.) – for the most active trader in the Certificates of Origin Register in 2022;
- Katarzyna Matuszewska (Noble Securities S.A.) – for the highest volume of transactions on client’s account on TGE markets in 2022.
“Rozrachunki” 2022 went to the following companies:
- PGE Dom Maklerski S.A. – for best management of non-cash funds in 2022;
- Slovenské elektrárne, a.s. S.A. Oddział w Polsce – for the best leverage of cross-product initial margin offsets in 2022;
- Oddział Centralny PGNiG PKN ORLEN S.A. – special award for cooperation and communication in 2022.
As in previous years, the “Platinum Megawatts” and “Rozrachunki” award ceremony took place during the Trading Forum – the annual industry conference that for 15 years has been a unique experience exchange platform for the participants in the markets operated by TGE. The event is also an opportunity to talk to experts and gain better insight into changes being currently underway in the Warsaw commodity market. TGE is the organiser of the 15th Trading Forum and IRGiT is the event partner.
The final celebration, during which awards were presented to the brokers and companies of 2022, was preceded by the “Platinum Megawatts” Media Competition finalised in May, which for nine years now has been an insightful complement to the Summary of the Exchange Year.
Towarowa Giełda Energii S.A. (TGE) is the only licensed commodity exchange in Poland, holding a licence to operate a regulated market since March 2015. The Exchange is the Nominated Electricity Market Operator (NEMO) for the Polish bidding zone. Since 15 November 2017, TGE has been active on the European Day-Ahead Market SDAC. On 19 November 2019, the Exchange launched its cross-border SIDC Intraday Market based on the XBID model. TGE is included on the ACER’s list of platforms for reporting transaction information according to REMIT requirements. Since March 2012, TGE has been a member of the Warsaw Stock Exchange Group. Izba Rozliczeniowa Giełd Towarowych S.A., 00-498 Warsaw, ul. Książęca 4 (entrance D), NIP: 525-244-16-34, REGON:141660448, KRS 0000321809, District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, 12th Commercial Division for the National Court Register, share capital PLN 44,805,000